Who are we?
We are Harriet and Jenny. Between us we have 2 husbands, 7 children, 3 dogs, 2 cats. If you read this 'about us' last year we also had a rabbit and another dog but sadly they are no longer with us (RIP Hopkins and Dusty). We are the co-founders of Little Yellow Birds, the idea of which came from our desire to do something useful that we are good at.
Where are we?
We are based in rural Shropshire where there is lots of beautiful countryside but not much in the way of fabulous children's interiors.
What we aim to do?
We want to provide products which look fantastic, are great quality and ultimately brighten up yours and your children's lives. We know that shopping with children can be hard, but through us, you can get a real and fantastic shopping experience. When our products arrive, we want you to feel like you have ordered something special. If for any reason you need to contact us, our customer service will be second to none.
10 Things you may (or may not) want to know about us:
- We met and bonded during the roller-coaster ride that is first-time motherhood. We have been firm friends ever since.
- We naturally want the very best for our children but...
- We don't want it to cost the earth (in all senses).
- We would genuinely like to buy everything we stock for ourselves.
- We did try making some things. Once. They turned out pretty badly.
- Harriet is scared of brown bananas. It's a real phobia... apparently.
- We like things that are bright and cheerful but they also have to be well designed and of good quality.
- In desperation Jenny has been known to eat hot chocolate powder as a substitute for the real thing (I know, I know).
- Jenny stole Harriet's chocolate muffin recipe and now passes it off as her own, to much credit.
- We make a pretty good team.